Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Butterfly Tag

Butterfly Tag

I created this tag using GIMP. I am a beginner so this was a challenge to me. The butterfly images came from the Graphics Fairy and the background piece is from one of my Flickr groups. I melded the three images together using the Gimp Program. I further embellished my tag with three fasteners, lace, red rhinestones, glitter and fibers.

I am entering this tag in the following challenges:

Hooked on Crafts - #6 things with wings
The Crafty Pad - #136 distressing & tearing
I Did it Creations - #70 nature
Just Some Lines - anything but a card
One Stop Craft - anything but square
Crafty Catz Weekly - #97 metal & lace
Charisma Cardz - #34 glitter it
Creative Card Crew - anything goes
Party Time Tuesday - anything goes
Totally Gorjuss - #95 anything goes

As always, I encourage you to visit the above-listed sites. You will be happy you did!


13 comments:

Dawn said...

You did a lovely job on this tag! Well done!
Thanks for joining us at The Crafty Pad this week for our Distressing/Tearing Challenge!
Good Luck
Hugs
Dawn xx

aqualeiga said...

A really pretty tag, well done on your achievements using GIMP! Thanks for joining THE CRAFTY PAD challenge this week.
Good Luck!
Hugs, Ali x

Heike's Creativeplace said...

Wow, your Tag is stunning. Thanks for joining us at Totally Gorjuss this week and good luck.

Hugs
Heike

carol said...

lovely creation, hanks for joining our challenge at CRAFTY CATZ this week,
x carol

Jenn Borjeson said...

I would never know you are a beginner - this is just gorgeous! Thank you for joining our Anything But a Card challenge at Just Some Lines! :)

Lorraine said...

Very pretty tag and a lovely photograph too. Thanks for taking part at The Crafty Pad this week.

Caroline said...

Gorgeous!! Thanks for joining in with our Anything Goes Challenge this week with the Creative Card Crew.

Caroline x

Aunty Sue said...

Brilliant thanks for sharing with Crafty Catz with our metal and lace theme

Curly said...

Oh wow this is so very pretty,
I love the papers and the image is adorable,

Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Catz this week, for our challenge 97 Lace and Metal

I hope you can join us again next week

Good Luck with the challenge,
Hugs Bridget Crafty Catz DT :-)x

Shelley said...

How lovely.Thanks for joining in this weeks One Stop Craft Challenge. Hugs Shelley xx

Jackie Thomas said...

this is a gorgeous tag. Thank you for for joining us at Hooked on craft.
hugs Jackie

Michele said...

truly beautiful -- i love the natural elements. xo

Cindy Groh said...

Fabulous tag. Thanks for playing at I Did it Creations last week. I hope you will join us this week for our girly girl challenge.