Friday, May 18, 2012

The Masquerade Ball

The Masque of the RED Death card

Wow! This card was so much fun to create. I wanted to combine the two challenges going on at Smudgy Antics (masquerade) and The Masque of the red death on Quoth the Raven. At first I was stumped and could only think of a lone ranger type mask. Then I was inspired by the sample by BlackDragon on the Quoth the Raven site. She used a face mask in her design. Ta Da! I knew what I wanted to do. You can't tell by the photo, but the mask is actually dimensional.
  
I used a movie poster of The Masque of the Red Death starring Vincent Price playing the part of Prince Prospero for my main image. I printed one image in gray scale and the other in the original color for the mask.I rubber stamped the column and the bubbles of red poison. The other images came from my clipart collection.

The card is embellished with red rhinestones, a seed bead for the raven's eye, and brown cording for the mask straps.

I am entering this card in the following challenges:

Smudgy Antics - masquerade
Quoth the Raven - Masque of the Red Death
Just Tracy's Crafts - anything goes
Bunny Zoes - #24 anything goes

I hope you will go to the above sites and check out the artwork on display. You will be inspired to make some "art" of your own.

7 comments:

~Lady B~ said...

Wow! What an incredible piece! Fabulous combination of two challenges as well. Your card rocks! Thanks for playing with Smudgy Antics :)

ike said...

AWESOME - this is a fabulous piece. I love how you got your inspiration from our beloved Black Dragon :-) Thank you for joining us at Smudgy Antics and Quoth The Raven :-D xxxx

I Don't Do Straight said...

Cool!!! FANTASTIC piece and very clever to combine the two challenges :)
Thanks for sharing with us at Smudgy Antics and Quoth the Raven :)

Monique's art said...

awesome piece love your card, it's stunning thanks for sharing at Smudgy Antics

Croms' Cubby Hole said...

Fabulous! Love the story and how you have combined the challenges with some great images. Thank you for sharing this with us at Smudgy Antics this week.

lilyandthelotus.blogspot.com said...

wow..wonderful powerful art here. awesome
susan s.

blackdragon said...

Boy am i honoured!(blushing :D ) Your Vincent Price mask is far more impressive than mine....gorgeous work Wendy....thank you so much for joining us at QUOTH THE RAVEN and SMUDGY ANTIC..... That shows you have GOOD TASTE in challenges! Love BDx