Monday, October 22, 2012

Batty Wonderland


I created this 4x4 fat page with an Alice digital stamp from Squigglefly. The bats are from the Graphics Fairy. I wanted to create my own background for the challenge on Stampotique so I paper punched squares out of a damaged book and used water color crayons around the edges. I used paper punched squares of aluminum sticky back tape for the mirrors behind the bats. I added some black glitter to the bat's wings, a rhinestone to Alice's headband and a fabric bow to embellish the fat page.

I based my piece on the inspiration quote on the Altered Alice " ...it was at the great concert given by the Queen of Hearts, and I had to sing "Twinkle, twinkle, little bat! How I wonder what you're at!"You know the song, perhaps?'
`I've heard something like it,' said Alice.
`It goes on, you know,' the Hatter continued, `in this way:-- "Up above the world you fly,Like a tea-tray in the sky.Twinkle, twinkle--"'


I just love to work with Alice and the Wonderland characters. How about you?

I am entering this fat page in the following challenges:

Stampotique - create a background
Altered Alice - #20 shiny, blingy, and bats
Moving Along with the Times - Alice inspired
The Octopode - squares
Can you Digi it - #21 creepy and kooky
Paper Crafting Journey - add some bling
A&T Emerald Faerie - #34 anything goes
Papertake Weekly - fright night
Through the Craftroom Door - #40 anything goes
Inky Impressions - #81 anything but a card
Penny's Paper crafts - girls
Sparkles & Glitter - #2 cute or spooky
Dilly Beans - cute & creepy
One Stitch at a Time - use a digi

I hope you have a chance to visit the above listed sites. The design team members work hard to create samples for your viewing pleasure and inspiration.

~following my paper whims~wendy

26 comments:

DonnaMundinger said...

Fab background you've created and I love the glittery bats and sweet Alice image. thanks so much for sharing with The Altered Alice and Dilly Beans this week. xxD

Netty said...

Love your pretty Alice and its a great card, xx

Jac’s Playground said...

Great fat page, love the Alice image, thanks for joining us at the Emerald Faeries Challenge this fortnight.

Josephine said...

Great card - love how you've added the bow!

Thanks for joining us at One Stitch at a Time this week, and good luck!

Jenn Borjeson said...

Oh this is adorable, I love this image and the way you've made her cute and spooky! Thanks so much for joining us at Dilly Beans. :)

Unknown said...

This is a really adorable card! I love your bats!

Thank you for playing with Stampotique Originals Designers Challenge! Hope to see you again soon!

Jenn
DT

Miranda said...

wonderful card i love AIW
thanks for joining the sparkle and glitterchallenge this week
hugs
Miranda
DT

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Great card, fab embellishments & layout!

Thank you for sharing with us at MAWTT this week & Emerald Faeries, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Kerry said...

Beautiful project. Thanks for joining us at Inky Impressions.
Kerry

Helen said...

Great project - fab image and I love the details you've added.

Thanks for joining us at Penny's.

Helen x

Jules said...

This is very different but I like it. Thank you for joining us at The Emerald Faeries. Good Luck xoxoxo

Unknown said...

So cute!! Love that image and how you colored it!! Those bats are great too!! Thanks for playing along with us at One Stitch At A Time. Good luck. I hope to see you again next week!!!

- Susan, DT @ OSAAT

Melissa S. said...

Love this. Your image is colored fantastically and I really like the background. Thanks for joining us at Dilly Beans this week.

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh this is brilliant, Love the Twinkly Bats on it. Thanks for Sharing with us on MAWTT this week Hazelxox

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oops I should have also said Thanks for sharing with us on Sparkle and Glitter with Rick this fortnight, Love Hazelxo

She's a Color Queen said...

This is fantastic, great combo of cute and creepy (bats - ick!) Thanks for joining us at Dilly Beans this week!

Sharon Sahl said...

You got me at Alice! But I do love the cut up book squares and your design work as well! Thanks for joining us at Sparkle and Glitter this wek!

mylittlecardstudio.blogspot.com said...

Beautiful! I love the image and layout. Thank you for joining us at OSAAT this week. Good luck. Hugs, Jill x

Love crafts forever said...

Thanks for playing with us at Sparkle and Glitter with Rick St.Dennis challenge Blog.
Hugs Nataliya

Mummylade said...

really lovely work! Thank you for playing along with us at Sparkle and Glitter and good luck!

Monique's art said...

adorable card,I love everything alice. thanks for sharing at sparkle and glitter

Eva Gro said...

Cool card! Love the bow on the dress,

Thank you for entering our challenge over at OSAAT
Good luck in the draw! – Hope to see you again next week!

Hugs
Eva`s Scraproom
DT Member at OSAAT Challenge blog

Reflective Art Studio said...

Great way to highlight your vintage papers.
Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designers Challenge this week.
Sarinda

Basement Stamper said...

Love the background for Alice, amazing! Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge.

Rita Artes said...

Lindo!!!Seus trabalhos são encantadores, parabéns!!
Bjs
Rita (Brazil)

Lynne Phelps said...

Thanks so much for playing along with The Altered Alice! Charming, I love the book text and the bats, it is fun!