Saturday, October 19, 2013

Floral Doodle with Pink Skull Bead Pendant Necklace







Glass Tiles from Lowe's
This retro inspired orange and pink pendant is made from an altered glass tile from the home improvement store. I adhered a piece of white fabric to the front of the tile with glossy accents. The fabric was painted with watered down orange and pink acrylic paints. I rubber stamped the floral doodles (Hampton Art) with permanent ink. The piece is sealed with water based varnish. A pink howlite skull bead is attached with a scrap of black chain.

The tile measures 1 7/8 x 1/2 inches. A black painted metal nut is attached as a bail. I used glossy accents as my glue. First attaching the nut and letting the glue dry overnight. The next day I added more glossy accents around the base of the nut to reinforce the hold.

The pendant is strung on a 24" steel colored ball chain. I like this type of chain because it can be cut with scissors if you want to shorten it.

♥ Wendy

1 comment:

Laura S Reading said...

I went out yesterday to our locl habitat for humanity restores hoping to find some glass pendants. I had no luck and the volunteers working there had no idea what I was talking about.
I am not giving up!