Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Glass Tile Pendants - Funky Ferns




These funky fern pendants are made from altered glass tiles from the home improvement store. The tiles are embellished with a raised foliage pattern. The ferns are made from foam that was cut with the die cut machine. The tile measures 1 7/8 x 1/2 inches. A recycled silver colored metal nut is attached as a bail.  I used glossy accents as my glue. First attaching the nut and letting the glue dry overnight. The next day I added more glossy accents around the base of the nut to reinforce the hold.

There are so many ways you could alter one of these tiles. Let your imagination fly free with this project!

♥ Wendy

2 comments:

Laura S Reading said...

These are adorable!
After seeing a few pendants on the 31 days hop I went in search of glass.
They are not easy to find in my area. I even asked the guys working the counter.
I love your added embellishment ideas.

Emily Thubbron said...

Great pendant. I am going to have to go hit the home store and try my hand at these altered glass things. Love the colors.